The Tick Chart Trader tool displays a variety of types of tick chart, with ultra-fast order entry and exit via single mouse-clicks or keyboard shortcuts. It is ideal if you want to place very short term trades, entering and exiting the market rapidly several times in the course of a trading session.
Five different tick-chart views for different styles of traders
- Simple tick chart which updates every time the ask or bid price changes
- Tick chart plus tick speed shows bars indicating how long the last N ticks have taken to form, indicating market activity
- Timed the chart updates on every tick, but the X-axis is time-based and thus indicates the difference between busy and quiet periods
- Candles the tool displays OHLC candles, but based on a number of ticks rather than a time period (e.g. 20-tick bars)
- Versus shows the changing movements of two markets against each other
Market orders can be placed either by clicking on the ask or bid price, or by using the keyboard shortcuts B and S. For ultra-fast order entry, you can choose to allow the Ctrl key to place orders without confirmation. Ctrl+click or a keyboard shortcut such as Ctrl+B then places an order instantly, without any confirmation or user interface pop-up.