HotForex VPS FAQ
- Which Operating System is installed on my HotForex VPS?
We use Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition SP2.
- What are the specifications of my HotForex VPS?
RAM: 512MB Guaranteed / 1GB Maximum
Hard Disk: 20GB
Price: $30/month, $360/year
CPU: Upgraded to 2x1100MHz
RAM: 1GB Guaranteed / 2GB Maximum
Hard Disk: 50GB
Price: $50/month, $600/year
- How do I connect to my VPS?
Since it is a Windows VPS you can connect via Remote Desktop Connection (RDP).
From your Windows computer you go to 'Start' > Search for 'Remote Desktop Connection'.
Then a window will open asking you for Server/IP. Type the IP of your HotForex VPS and hit 'Enter'.
You will then be prompted to enter Username and Password, so use the ones provided to you and click 'Connect'.
- Is my VPS ready for use once I connect?
Yes, the HotForex MT4 Terminal is pre-installed on your VPS. All you have to do, when you connect for the first time, is to input your HotForex MT4 Account ID and Password.
MT4 VPS Terms and Conditions
- The Free VPS Service is only available for deposits starting after the 9th of July 2012.
- The client acknowledges that he/she has read and fully agrees to adhere to the VPS terms and conditions, in addition to the Hotforex terms and conditions when opening a live trading account or by obtaining the free Hotforex VPS service.
- A minimum balance of $5,000 has to be maintained in the trading account in order for a client to receive the free MT4 VPS services..
- In order for a client to continue receiving the free MT4 VPS service for free, the following criteria should be met:
a) Maintain a balance of 5,000 USD or equivalent.
b) Complete a minimum monthly trading volume of 5 lots.
- In order for a client to continue receiving the free MT4 Advanced VPS service for free, the following criteria should be met:
a) Maintain a balance of 8,000 USD or equivalent.
b) Complete a minimum monthly trading volume of 8 lots.
- HotForex has the right to remove the VPS service if the above 2 criteria have not been met. In case a client wishes to continue benefiting from the VPS service then a fee of 30 USD or equivalent should be paid to cover the VPS cost. The client agrees the fee of 30 USD or equivalent will be deducted automatically from the clients trading account if: a) The client does not meet the requirements listed on clause 3 then a fee of 30 USD or equivalent may apply to continue the use of the VPS service.
- The client agrees and acknowledges that HotForex is not responsible for the failure of the VPS in anyway, this includes but is not limited to; power failures, technical failures, any communication/ data failure, system failures etc. The client acknowledges that VPS hosting is controlled by a third party and HotForex shall not be liable for any failures in relation to the VPS hosting.
- The free VPS service is limited to one account per account holder.
- If HotForex suspects a client has abused or attempted to abuse this promotion, then HotForex reserves the right to deny or withdraw a client from his/her eligibility of participating in the VPS service even in the event a client meets the requirements in the above conditions. If necessary, HotForex has the right to cancel all terms and conditions in respect to that client, whether it be on a temporary or permanent basis.
- HotForex reserves the right to modify, change or terminate this promotional offer at any given time without the consent of the Client.
- The client cannot withdraw funds with the intention of re-depositing said funds in order to benefit from this promotion. In case of this happening, HotForex has the right to exclude the client from the VPS hosting promotion.
- To obtain the Free MT4 VPS service please click on the icon Free VPS within the myHotForex.
- The Virtual Private Server is hosted and managed by a third-party VPS hosting provider. A 1st-level of support can be provided by the HotForex IT Department, simply by raising a ticket to email@example.com. Whilst we will do our best to support you and resolve any issues you may have, some of your tickets may need to be escalated directly to the VPS provider as we don't have physical access on the main node.
- VPS can only be offered for trading accounts that were opened/imported within the myHotForex.
How to apply for a free VPS
- Log into myHotForex.
- Click on the 'Free VPS' button on the main menu and follow the instructions.